To make ‘open-flat’ books of bank, bond or M.F. paper without machinery Card Covers
• If book contains perforated leaves, allow margin of 4-5mm from spine edge to perforation. Stack books with covers interleaved, on bench or in Howapress with a thick strawboard on top – do not apply weight.
• Brush on a heavy application of HOWARLEIM 100.
• Make sure the left and right edges are well treated.
• Wait 5 minutes, apply full clamp pressure and brush on a thick coat of HOWARLEIM 200.
• When dry, slice apart between covers and apply spine tape to each book.
Wrap Around Covers
• Stack books WITHOUT covers, do not apply weight
• Brush on a heavy application of Howarleim 100, wait 5 minutes and then apply full pressure and brush on HOWARLEIM 200
• Smooth on a sheet of blank paper to the glued area for added strength
• When dry, slice off each book from pile, apply Howarleim 200 onto the spine and place in scored “wraparound” paper covers
• The Howarleim process is not yet applicable for coated papers. Use a flat 2″ bristle brush for best adhesion, never open books until following day. Spine tape 1 , 2 and 3 inches available ex-stock
ALWAYS USE A SEPARATE BRUSH FOR ADHESIVES AND RELEASE AGENTS
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
AVOID EXTREMES OF TEMPERATURE
PROTECT FROM FROST
WASH BRUSH IN CLEAN WATER