• Check that sets are collated in correct sequence and guillotine with a sharp clean blade immediately before application of adhesive. Do not mix carbonless papers. Refers to data sheet for instructions.
• It is advisable that sheets should be the same length with an ink free margin of 5mm on the edge to be glued and the grain direction must be the same throughout the set.
• After collating jog well (on flatbed jogger) and stack sheets on bench or in Howapress. Sets to be glued should not be stacked more than 12-15 inches high. Place a thick strawboard along the edge to be glued. Clamps or heavy weights should not be used. (Flat bed jogger is recommended).
• Use a clean soft bristle brush 5/7cm [2/3 inches] wide and apply the adhesive with horizontal strokes starting from the top of the stack and working from the centre towards and working the edges. Two or three coats applied wet on wet should be sufficient for up to a 4 part set. For each additional two sheets in a set [or if using CF card] apply one further coat.
• Drying time will vary with conditions and content of set i.e. three part set approx. -1 hour, more than three part set up to two hours. If forced drying is used allow 10 mins for adhesive to penetrate between sheets before applying heat.
• When adhesive is dry, fanapart the sets apart by a gentle sideways movement along the glued edge.
ALWAYS USE A SEPARATE BRUSH FOR ADHESIVES AND RELEASE AGENTS
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
AVOID EXTREMES OF TEMPERATURE
PROTECT FROM FROST
WASH BRUSH IN CLEAN WATER